Crescendo is a series of highly secure, off-the-shelf smart cards designed to provide out-of-the-box, standards-compliant support for thousands of logical access applications.
Crescendo offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for a combined logical and physical access control solution.
- Reduces card management costs and increases user convenience by combining logical and physical access control in a single card.
- Provides out-of-the-box, standards-compliant support for thousands of logical access applications provided by Microsoft® and others.
- Is supplied pre-initialized with the required on-card software and includes all required drivers and middleware.
- Requires no per-seat middleware licenses, reducing overall costs.
- Uses a powerful contact smart chip with cryptographic co-processor coupled with HID's industry standard proximity or iCLASS® technology.
- Is available off-the-shelf, reducing lead times and cost.
By incorporating HID’s industry standard proximity technology (i.e., HID, Indala®), iCLASS®, and other 13.56 MHz technologies, Crescendo is a single card that can be easily deployed for both logical and physical access control applications!
Within HID's Trusted Identity Platform™, Crescendo combines technologies, services, and know-how with unique attributes to deliver a trusted solution for secure identity-related applications.
Crescendo is Windows® compatible. Crescendo series smart cards are fully compatible with the Microsoft® Windows® Smart Card Framework (WSF) and supports applications such as Windows Domain logon, VPN, Microsoft Office Outlook, secure Web access, and wireless LAN authentication.
A wide variety of security applications from other vendors are also supported including:
- Single sign-on
- Pre-boot authentication
- Disk encryption
- Digital signatures
|Crescendo supports the Microsoft® IdentityLifecycle Manager 2007 (ILM 2007), dramatically simplifying the deployment, management, and auditing of smart cards used for logical access control applications. To learn more about ILM 2007, click here. |
Crescendo is a multi-technology smart card. Crescendo is a credit card-sized card that enables logical and physical access control, also serving as an employee ID badge.
An embedded contact smart chip is used for logical access control. To meet the needs of current physical access control customers, Crescendo can be customized with the "physical access control" technologies you choose including:
- Proximity (HID, Indala®, and others)
- Multi-technology combinations
- Magnetic stripe
Crescendo smart cards are available off-the-shelf. Cost and lead times are reduced with three off-the-shelf cards, including:
- iCLASS® and HID proximity (physical access control) with contact smart chip (logical access control)
- iCLASS® and HID proximity (physical access control) with magnetic stripe (other applications) and contact smart chip (logical access control)
- MIFARE® (physical access control) with contact smart chip (logical access control)
Choose the Crescendo smart card that is compatible with your existing physical access control system. All Crescendo cards will support your logical access needs.
Crescendo smart cards require no additional per-seat middleware license. Using a powerful contact smart chip with cryptographic co-processor, Crescendo is supplied pre-initialized with the required on-card software and includes all required drivers and middleware. This equates to a high performance, cost-effective solution.
Offering the lowest total cost of ownership, Crescendo is a secure and convenient logical and physical access control solution!